Monday, May 17, 2010

Did you know.....?

Did you know that there are many, many people that keep blogs on every single thing that they eat or cook? They do. There are newspaper articles about it. It's sort of fascinating. But I don't really care THAT much about what bored adults eat. If I eat something really good or cook something really good, I just put it on Facebook. You know, once in a while. And usually those posts are actually about something that I drank that was really good. You know, like Grey Goose.

Did you know that my kid is four and eats more food than me? He's a really big kid. He was over ten pounds when he was born.

Did you know that people keep blogs about all the fascinating things their children do? Usually their kids are totally brilliant and advanced and adorable. Also well groomed, perfectly behaved and fluent in three languages. Usually their parents are liars.

My kid is not well groomed, perfectly behaved or brilliant. He IS hilarious and eats a ton. And a pretty varied diet. And I think it's ABOUT TIME that the internet offered an entertainment option about funny kids that eat a lot. I've joked about the idea for a while. The idea really got going when one day my darling son ate TWO peanut butter and jelly and butter sandwiches for breakfast. He made them himself. I ain't even gonna lie and tell you that it was on home made artisan 19 grain bread. It was bread from Aldi. The peanut butter and jelly were, too. The butter was actually Parkay zero calorie butter spray. I don't buy butter. I'd eat it by the stick like my identical cousin Heather did when she was a kid. I don't know what he ate at school. I don't know anything he does at school. He's in CIA school I guess. For lunch (he rides the preschool bus to a retirement village after school and hangs out with his great grandmother and his other 52 great grands and my mom) GG made him three large pancakes with sprinkles on both sides. There is a method to making that happen. When I'm a star blogger I'll have her guest post the secret. For dinner he ate three sloppy joes. They were left over from Mother's day. I guess I was feeling lazy. They were really good though and made from venison that my dad bagged. (something for everyone in this blog!) He also had some pasta salad. My mom made it. He was still hungry. I told him to eat an orange and shush, NO ONE is that hungry.

He might be. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment